Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Give me a choice


After 6 happy years with several iPods I recently bought a pair of Dali 850's (Big speakers) for my high end amplifier and it takes some dynamic range to really make them "dance".
That's when I realized that some of my favorite albums sounded flat and lifeless in hifi; Kings of Leon - Only by the night e.g.

I am pro convenience with iPods and pro HiFi on the big rig. But I wish artists would release two masterings of their studiorecordings and give me a choice between the two listening experiences.
I joined this group for all those who are fed up with the current "Loudness Race" audio mastering practices. Read all abot it in the blog or follow the links and post a shout here  if you agree.

----------------
Now playing: Hinder - Shoulda
via FoxyTunes

No comments: